Get a Hope
We can help with a variety of integrated therapies to assist cancer patients and their caregivers.
The therapies include (but are not limited to): Reiki, reflexology, wellness coaching, massage, oncology facials, nutritional education, pilates, and chiropratic care.
To learn more about individual assistance, contact Jill to schedule a consultation.
We are currently offering cancer patients and their caregivers free mat Pilates classes at Rise and Shine Wellness on Wednesdays at 12:00 p.m. located at 1406 NW Vivion Rd, Kansas City, Missouri 64118.
Benefits of Pilates for Breast Cancer:
- A study by Harvard Medical School researchers found breast cancer patients who exercise moderately — 3-5 hours a week — reduce their odds of dying from breast cancer by about half as compared to sedentary women.
- The exercises can be modified for any level or to any part of your treatment program
- Supports natural movement in your effected arms and increases range of motion
- Stimulates lymph circulation and drainage
- Requires focus, so helps you live in the moment
- Increases muscle strength, especially for the shoulders and mid back
- Increases tone of pelvic floor, supporting the bladder
- Takes the focus of the damaged areas of your body and what you can’t do and helps you focus on what you can do!
- Improves body image
- Reduces fatigue
- Promotes connection with others who are on similar journeys
- Elevates mood and decreases depression
This class will be taught by Melanie Riley, Licensed Physical Therapist and Certified Balanced Body Pilates Instructor. Eligible clients include women currently undergoing breast cancer treatment or 1 year post AND their caregivers (sister, mom, spouse, best friend etc.)
Give a Hope
We rely on donations and fundraisers to award our hopes. If you would like to contribute, contact Jill for more information or visit our donate tab.
Kick’n Chemo Bucket
These are buckets that we fill with items that will assist an individual going through chemotherapy treatment. They include items such as; lotion, dry mouth products, scarves, fuzzy socks, journals, books, gum, adult coloring books, inspirational cards, thank you notes, etc. The buckets are made with love and filled with hope. We want everyone cancer fighter to know that they are not alone.